Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow & make up...

Snow is still coming down here. At last measurement, it was 10 inches.

I got the pin curls to work! It looked scary when I first took them down and brushed it out. I tried taming it, but it was crazy. After putting a hat on so I could run to my car, it was a little better.

I decided to play with the new make-up I picked up at Walgreens & CVS. They're having massive clearance sales. CVS has some hair accessories for 90% off. I got a dark pink, leopard headband for 60 cents. For years I've only used MAC. Do to finances, I decided to try some of the less expensive brands again:


Maybelline eye duo - Irish Mist 60
- not as smooth as what I'm used to. Looks & feels chalky to me. Staying power is OK


Cover Girl Outlast - Ever Red-dy 507
- I like the color, but it doesn't last very long. When I wear MAC's long wear lip color, I can wipe my mouth and it doesn't come off. This comes off if I have a sip of water and dab my mouth with a napkin. I'll be replacing it on my next visit to MAC with their red that is similar.



Max Factor Lipfinity #140 Charming
- I got it b/c it was a lighter, rosier color than the berry or red shades I have. Staying power is good, but it feels awful on. The color looks different on than in the tube. A bit lighter. Maybe it's just my skin tone (or lack there of).
Black & White Bleaching Cream w/ Hydroquinone
- I've only been using this for a week, but I have noticed that my "splotches" have faded. It's inexpensive and a little seems to go a long way. If I use too much, I do notice that my skin doesn't feel soft, almost like there is a film on it. It's not bad though. Once you moisturize, it will feel fine.

Align Center

Ambi Fade cream
- I was using this before the Black & White. It wasn't bad at all and did fade the splotches a little, but it seemed to give up after a few weeks. It seemed to soak into the skin a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment