Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rambling out of boredom...

I've been too busy lately and nursing some injuries. Instead of whining about my mauled ankle, I just took a break.

I'm stuck in a Southern city for work and during "Snowmageddon 2010" I learned that they have NO clue how to treat a sidewalk or shovel. Walking to work a few weeks ago, I slipped and sprained my ankle, which has kept me from wandering about too much, so I've been reading a lot.

I'm almost done w/ Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters. I've been taking it to work with me in hopes of finishing it before Dawn of the Dreadfuls comes out at the beginning of March. Quirk Classics was giving copies to bloggers, asking to have the reviews posted the first week of March. I don't have much time to devote to reading, so I held off. I did score a copy of Queen Victoria Zombie Hunter for $3. It's not done by Quirk, so I'll have to see how it is. I love what Quirk is doing with the public domain classics. I could never get through these books before and now I can put them down. Zombies & Sea Monsters make it so much better!

Yesterday, I decided to hobble out and check out the Pet Expo here. It was in a large exibition space in a part of town that isn't so hot. It's not bad, but the building is run down and normally hosts gun shows and MMA tournaments. The place was packed! I got to play with puppies, got a free cookie & got a cupcake necklace.

After the Pet Expo, I checked out one of the antique "malls" down the street. It was in an old strip center in a former grocery store. I was warned it was so-so and they weren't kidding. Most of the vendors charged WAY too much. "Oh, but this is an antique!" The same stuff at a flea market would be more accurately labeled as "junk." I found a cute hat, but it had a pretty big hole, that I could have repaired or covered, but for $70, it wasn't worth it. I left empty handed and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment