Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rambling & some minor weirdness...

I got a call from my friend, Elle, who was hoping to stop by on the way up to Buffalo since we haven't hung out since I left Virginia. Pittsburgh is on the way and only 3 or 4 hours from Buffalo. We went out to eat and caught up. It was a nice diversion from my usual, nothing. She's always driven through Pittsburgh or past it on the way to Buffalo and never really stopped, so she got to see some sights.

I decided to take advantage of some of the holiday sales this weekend while I was out. First stop, my local comic shop, where I picked up Darwyn Cooke's Parker The Hunter. I also hit Borders & Marshall's.

Marshall's is always hit or miss with me. I did find that they have Marilyn Monroe Intimates there! I've seen them online and really like the designs, but was unsure. When someone puts a name like that on them, quality can be questionable. I have to say, this is not the case this time! My only complaint is that they don't make the bras in my size. I'm a DDD and it doesn't seem that they make them that big. The designs are cute and they seem to be made well. I've been looking online to see if I can find them anywhere, but so far, it's just eBay. I'll probably check a few other stores to see what they have since the prices are so good at Marshall's. They also had Converse sneakers in a few colors for $25 & tons of Hello Kitty!

I decided to stop into Starbucks for a Frappachino since they make them w/ soy now and while waiting, I think this guy was trying to hit on me. I really couldn't tell...He wasn't rude, just clueless. He kept tell me that he saw me come in. Yeah, OK...that Starbucks isn't that big and it's all glass on the front, so I'm sure a few people saw me come in. I got my drink and left and he was still staring. Whatever...

Sunday, dad and I headed to PNC. Sunday's are kid's days and they have special giveaways just for kids. My dad and I went though separate lines and he somehow convinced the guy in his line that he needed the Parrot toy for his kid. My dad is in his 60's and might have been more convincing if he said "grandkid." While standing in line for food, he kept terrorizing me with it, putting it on my shoulder while I ordered and putting it in my face while making parrot noises.

It was hot and I was glad our seats were in the shade. It was a good game, too. We thought it would be another loss, but they managed to come from behind to win, which was great.

We came home and watched Wonder Woman on DVD. The 70's TV show w/ Lynda Carter. Dad & I used to watch it together when I was little. That's how we spend our 4th, baseball & Wonder Woman. :)

I went to get something out of my bag and found a note in there; "You're cute, call me!" with a phone number. I don't remember anyone that was sitting around us or anyone near my bag. It was on the back of a receipt from PNC, so I know it happened there. Maybe it was when I had it on the seat next to me, but I don't remember seeing anyone my age around. I was paying attention to the game and the stuffed parrot that was in my face.

Part of me wants to know who it was, but it would be stupid for me to actually call the number. I just think it's odd. I did make sure nothing was taken out of my bag.

Maybe I should get one of my male friends to call it, just for fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment