Sunday, February 21, 2010

Nancy Drew

While goofing off today, I came across the Secret Agent L blog. She's a girl in the 'Burgh that does little good deeds for people. It's full of warm & fuzziness(which makes be a tad queasy, but I think it's a cute idea and am sure her efforts are appreciated), but I saw one of her little gifts that would have I wish I had come across. Nancy Drew's Guide to Life.


When I was younger, I LOVED Nancy Drew books. I owned a few, but mostly borrowed them from the library and read them over & over and watched the 70's TV show. In the mid to late 80's, they had some new stories with a much more updated Nancy.

I was so happy to have new stories! I couldn't wait to turn 16, get a car and go solve some mysteries. That didn't really work out. I would have had plenty of time, due to not having friends, but had no car. Now I just tackle every day mysteries like, "Who keeps taking the last cup of coffee without making more?," "Who isn't flushing the toilet in the ladies room?" & "Why do people who should be locked away in a mental institution keep finding me and stalking me?"

I've seen the PC games in Target and on Big Fish, but haven't picked them up. I'm happy to see that she's still around and it always makes me think of the books with the yellow spine with a picture of Nancy with her magnifying glass. I've always wanted to complete my childhood collection, so I started checking eBay and the Internet and have found all sorts of things!



Books with Tote bag



Book purse (I hope these were made from completely destroyed books, the thought of someone doing this to a perfectly good book irritates me)



License plate frame



And I discovered they have a ND convention!!! I've missed the chance to sign up this year, but am hoping to make it next year.

Just for fun, here are 3 covers from the same book to show some of the changes over the years:





No comments:

Post a Comment