Saturday, April 24, 2010

Medical freak out...

Another week of doctor's visits and I'm in the middle of a medical freak out.

I had some bloodwork and the standard tests taken on Monday. No big deal. Yesterday, I had lunch with friends, ran some errands and got home around 7. I didn't notice that I had a missed call on my phone from my doctor's office.

They left me a message saying they found something on my tests. One thing was a bladder infection, which is odd because I don't have symptoms.

What has me worried is they said they found somthing else and they need to talk to me as soon as possible. The tone of her voice was very worried and urgent sounding. There was much emphasis on "else." Now I have to sit here wondering what it could be. I have no idea and I'm trying not to freak out, but it doesn't help that they sounded so worried on the phone.

I left them a voice mail and will just have to wait...I didn't mention anything to my parents about it. I don't know what it is and don't want to worry them if it's nothing.

I HATE this! What could they find that was so awful? It's obviously not ER bad, so what the hell is wrong with me this time???

Nothing to do except wait until Monday and try to keep my mind occupied.

Other than that, this week has been decent. I did have something odd happen when I waiting for my friends for lunch...

While sitting at the table, a man came up to me and asked "would you like to buy a puppy?" Um? What? "I have 2 puppies, would you like to buy one?" I really can't. He leaves, but returns a few minutes later to show me a picture of the pups. I tell him that I travel a lot for work and can't get a dog. I'm trying to be polite, but I think it's weird and I'm getting the feeling he's going to get pushy. He walks away again and my friends arrive.

I was telling them about the puppy guy and I looked around and he vanished. Who tries to sell puppies like that? Did he think I looked trustworthy or like I had money?

Back to watching my Pirates lose and the end of the Penguins game. Thursday night the hockey game went into 3 overtime periods and this one looks to be going into OT as well.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is on It's Alive Show tonight and I'm pretty excited about that. I haven't seen it in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment