Sunday, May 9, 2010

I need more hobbies...

Once again, I'm trying to find a new, inexpensive hobby. I used to be a photographer, but that's not cheap at all. I don't have a digital SLR, and I don't want to use my point & shoot.

I did crochet for a while, but I made a lot of things that were useless. I have a shelf full of funny little crochet cupcakes, ninjas and zombies. It's a good, cheap hobby. My friends told me I should sell some online, but I got a lot of the patterns from other people and I don't feel it's right to sell something made from someone else's pattern. The drawback is it kills my hands & if I do it for too long, I feel dizzy and have to lay down.

I was on 8 Ball Webstore & they have embroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching.

For months I've been wanting to pick up one of their patterns. They have so many that I'm drooling over.





I think I'm going to order the Ultimate kit. It has everything I'd need to get started and I can get the apron and that gives me the apron I've been wanting!

My concern is how hard is this going to be on my hands? Will it be better than crochet? Do I want to spend $32 if it turns out I can't do it? I looked up the costs of the things that come in the kit and it's a good price. It would be great if I could do it. I could decorate my own cardigans instead of handing over $50+ just because it has sparrows or guns stitched on it.

It really angers me that I can't just pick something up and do it. I actually have to think about whether doing this will cause my hands to ache and fingers to dislocate before I put any money into it. The SCC is supposed to have the kits or patterns, so I may sneak over there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment