Friday, May 14, 2010

Me time

As I've mentioned before, I've been staying with my parents. It doesn't make sense to pay for an apartment when I'm on the road so much. Now that I've been home for a while, I'm really missing my "me" time.

My parents are pretty easy going and they do their own thing, but a girl needs time to herself. Plus I feel like a mooch. I'm not paying rent, but I do pick up food and help out by doing what I can around the house.

Today I thought I'd have most of the day to myself. My parents went to go visit someone and weren't supposed to be home until 5 or 6. I ran a few errands and was looking forward to doing some embroidery, dying my hair and having a me day.

I get home, put things away, sit down & start transfering one of the designs to a bandana I picked up. The Pirates game was getting ready to start and I hear a knock at the door.

This girl I know from "the scene" is on the other side. She lives nearby and I don't really like her very much, but the fact that she lives so close, I try to be civil. She doesn't work & goes out every night and gets stupid drunk. She's on disability, though she shouldn't be. I'm worse off than she is and I still work. Fat & lazy shouldn't count...She gets so drunk that she ends up hurting herself and the rest of us have to pay for her numerous sprains & breaks. She brags about it too, which is really what bugs me. I've hung out with her enough to know she's full of it.

Anyhoo...She wants to come in and hang out. She "saw me come home" and didn't see my parent's car, we should, like totally hang out!

I try to tell her that I don't feel like it, but she walks over, picks up my embroidery stuff and changes the channel on the TV and starts telling me how she broke her wrist (drunk and falling down the stairs of a parking deck).

So annoyed. I didn't drive by her house, so how did she seem me come home? Was she hiding in the neighbor's bushes? I'm also wigged out by the way she mentioned my parents not being home...It made me feel like I was 15 and wanted to sneak my boyfriend in the house.

I told her that my parents would be home soon and reiterated that I wasn't feeling well and I just wanted to watch the Pirates game and work on my bandanna. I also pointed out that we were under severe weather warning and I didn't want to venture out. The threat of rain got rid of her. She threw my stuff down on the table and rushed out. Lucky me, she managed to somehow get the thread knotted up. One skein of it is beyond saving...I don't know how she managed to do that.

Embroidery is easy and after working on it for a bit, I got bored. So far, I have a Sacred Heart theme going on with it. I'm going to add some stars on the tips so when I tie it, I have two stars on the tied bits. I'm not happy with one of the hearts, so I'll probably redo it. My camera battery died and I'm charging it, so I'll post pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment