Sunday, May 2, 2010

Antique store finds!

It's been a bad week. I ran out of meds because my prescription was written for the wrong thing and they're slow to get me a new one. I don't have withdrawal effects, just massive amounts of pain. The bad weather hasn't been helping either. It's rainy and it's not helping my mood.
Friday I got a call from a friend suggesting we go check out a few antique stores and have a girly day.

The first place we went to was awful. The woman working there stalked us like we were going to steal or break everything. We left and went to another place. The second store was one that had several booths in an old grocery store. I've usually had really good luck at this place. The only problem I have with it is there are too many booth with crafts.

As soon as we walked in, I spotted a train case for $5! I pounced on it. The tray is missing, but I don't really care. I can either find one or make something myself. The man working at the shop told me I could leave it in the front so I wouldn't have to carry it around. We were rummaging through a table full of costume jewelry and the man came over to tell me one of the locks was broken. I got it to close and the man made a joke about his manliness. I wear braces on my hands because my thumbs don't work, so it was even funnier that I got it closed.

I found a necklace that I kind of liked, but didn't get. After a few hours of wandering, I just didn't like it as much. I was tired, sore and hungry. S found a teapot and I had my train case and a hair bow. We got some noodles for lunch and went to her house so we could look online to see how much our stuff would be elsewhere. Her $6 teapot is Noritake from the 60's and apparently hard to find. We debated putting it up on eBay.

My train case isn't as valuable, but $5 is still much cheaper than I could find it online. They're usually $20 or more, not including shipping. There are a few scrapes, but they're minor. There aren't any funky stains inside at all. I cleaned it up after I took pictures. There is a tad bit of rust on one of the hinges, but I've gotten most of it off. I'd like to get keys for it, too.

Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment