Sunday, March 14, 2010

At home...

My doctor appointment was uneventful. He confirmed that I have some fatigue issues due to heavy medication, injuries and EDS. He was surprised that I haven't had it worse. I got my refills and called my friend who was going to go shopping with me.

We went to a few shops. I found things I liked, but they were too small. We grabbed some food and she dropped me off. My dad asks if I'm going back out because TCM will be showing some 50's sci-fi movies, but we need snacks. I'm exhausted, but I agree to go back out with him.

We get to Giant Eagle, grab some cereal, some pop & head to for the snacks. I'm at the far end of the aisle and this guy comes up to me and starts hitting on me. I've heard of people trying to pick people up at the grocery store, but had never had it happen to me or anyone I knew. He's an OK looking guy and not being scummy, but I still go on the defensive. I'm tired and I'm with my dad. Part of me feels kind of bad. I'm being a bitch and since this isn't the first time I've been hit on when out with my dad and I know what he's about to do. The guy is asking what I do for a living, etc and dad saunters up.

"Are you hitting on her?"
"We're chatting, sir."
"Humph...Do you play for the Pirates?"
"No sir."
"Penguins?"
"No"
"Humph!"

And he walks off again. The guy seems a bit taken aback, but I laugh and point out that he was totally lying to him. He asks me to dinner and I tell him I'm tired and plan to spend that evening & the next hanging out w/ my dad, then I have to go back to work, not to mention I think it's lame to pick people up in Giant Eagle. He asks if we can get lunch before I head back. I tell him maybe and he gives me his card w/ phone & email.

We pay for our stuff and head home. Dad asks if I'm going to call him. I really don't know. I think it's weird to get hit on in a grocery store. He seemed OK, but it's always the normal ones that turn out to be lunatics. I looked him up online and found his Facebook page, which is private, & his MySpace. Nothing weird. Still not sure though. I'm never at home, so it's kind of hard to start something.

Dad makes it through one movie and falls asleep. I make it through 2 and a half.

I woke up this morning and decided to email this guy. I explain that I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in VA, I travel a lot and sorry for being kind of bitchy yesterday, but I think it's weird to hit on someone at the grocery store. I told him that I probably didn't have time to hang out this weekend, but we could talk through email so I could get to know him a little better, then maybe we could hang out when I come back. Then I got ready to go with dad to his weekly baseball get together. He doesn't play, he just sits around with his friends and talk about the Pirates. He tells the guy about grocery store guy and we laugh about it. I told them about the game, how rude people were there & work.


We came home and I laid down and read for a bit. I've done too much running around this week and we had another movie night planned (Dinoshark), plus It's Alive Show is on at Midnight. I usually have to watch it online since I'm away. Actually, it just started...I've been rambling too much again.

Anyway, the guy hasn't emailed me back yet. I'll see where that goes. Maybe when he got home he decided I was too bitchy to worry about. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment