Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring, ice cream & shopping

This week has been long and painful. My allergies are flaring up, every joint in my body is giving me problems and I haven't slept all week. I'm blaming my excessive travel last week. I almost called out a few times this week, but I got through it and was rewarded on Friday. Just before Noon, my boss comes by and tells us to go home at Noon. It's so nice out, we should go enjoy it.
Really?

We start discussing what we were going to do with our afternoon. I want to lay down and read. That's not enjoying the weather, but it's really what I should do. We decided we'd get ice cream at this local place that does hand-made ice cream. They have several patio tables so we hung out there for a while.

Full of delicious ice cream, I went home and decided to sit in the tub with some Epsom salts to see if that would help my very angry joints. It didn't, but it never does. I took my meds, laid down, read, then watched Dawn of the Dead. I thought it was the original, but it was the 2004 remake.

Saturday, I got a call from Elle. She asked if I was feeling better and would I like to go to the outdoor mall. They have a MAC store there, so I agreed. I had empties to turn in for an eyeshadow and was running low on lipstick. I've been disappointed with them for not releasing new Longwear shades. I loved the limited edition Red Reflection (2008 holiday collection).



I wish I purchased more than one. I can't find anything like it and I love it! I had to switch to Perrenial Rose. I like it, but it's not the same. I picked up the Vex eyeshadow and held off on the Cyndi Lauper Viva Glam shade. I prefer the longwear. It stays on, comfortably, all day.

We grabbed some lunch and I saw they had Anthropologie at the mall. I love that store. They do a lot of vintage style clothes. The problem is they're a bit pricey, but I tend to find good deals in the clearance section. Not so here. I tried on two dresses and looked terrible. One reminded me of a dress Peggy wears on Mad Men.
It looked awful and didn't fit well. The other was a pale pink with black overlay, sleeveless fitted dress that I loved. The zipper was broken, but they offered me 10% off if I wanted it. That didn't fit either. The store seemed to only stock size 0 - 4. A woman joked with us about the small sizes. I guess they sold out of the real sizes.
We decided to get some coffee and sit for a while. Elle suggested we check out the new antique mall near her house, but by the time we got there, it was closed, so we headed home. I was exhausted and sore. We didn't walk around very much, but I feel like I ran a marathon.
Today I'm taking it easy in hopes I will feel better tomorrow.
Update on grocery store guy: He returned my email and we've been chatting all week. I don't think it will go anywhere. He's into many outdoor activities that I am not allowed to participate in due to EDS. It's very frustrating not being able to do these things. He does enjoy baseball, so we may see a game when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment