Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reviews...

I've been meaning to post some more reviews, but I only remember when I'm getting ready in the morning. At some point I hope to post decent reviews of Pride & Predjudice & Zombies, Sense & Sensibility & Seamonsters & Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter.

Gold Bond Ultimate lotion

I used to use Lubriderm and thought it was pretty good. I kept a bottle at work with sunblock so I could reapply as needed. A few months ago when I had to take a plane, I picked up a small tube of Gold Bond Ultimate and it blows Lubriderm away. I put it on in the morning and I'm set for the day. It's considerably thicker than Lubriderm and absorbs well. No more super flakey winter skin!


Neutrogena Sunblock (spf 85 & 100+)

For years I used Banana Boat Sport. I was greasy and I would leave marks on everything I touched. I picked up the Neutrogena sunblock at the same time as the GB because the bottles were small enough to go on the plane. It's great! It absorbs quickly and you can't tell it's there. I was able to go to the beach for a bit and came back unscathed. I wasn't out for very long and it wasn't summertime, but it was almost 80 degrees & sunny in Florida.


Black & White skin bleaching cream updateMy dreaded splotches have faded more than with Ambi. They're not completely gone, but they are easier to cover up now. My skin doesn't feel weird when I use it and the smell is tolerable.


Cover Girl Firecracker

I told myself I wouldn't waste anymore money on Cover Girl eyeshadow, but CVS had it for $3 and I had a weak moment. The colors are bright, but you need to put on a few layers. It stays well, but feels dry. I tried it over my MAC cream shadow, Luna. It felt better and of course was brighter. I really like the green shade in this. I wish it blended a little better though. I tried mixing it with MAC Jewel Blue and it was over-powered, but $3, it's acceptable.


I have found some eBay listings for full sized pigments very cheap. I'm not sure how they can do this because they're $19.50 in the store. I have ordered one to test. It says they're full sized. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll pass along the info if it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment