Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ooooo! It sparkles!

Yesterday I actually got out and was social! The weather has gotten warmer here and I got an invite to go out to lunch with some new friends. We watched the Penguins game together and went shopping at Old Navy. I shouldn't have gone shopping, but I only spent $50. Everything I got was on sale: 2 pencil skirts (one black for $9 & a denim one for $15), a shirt & another rain jacket (in black). I like my yellow jacket, but sometimes it's too much for my mood. I really like the green they have as well, but do I really need 3? I keep reminding myself that I shouldn't buy too many clothes here because they charge sales tax on clothes.
Now I have to go back to behaving myself though I've spent the day online looking for a birthstone ring.

The ring search came from looking for a new hoodie. One site had sets of stackable rings in various team colors. Two were CZ/crystal eternity bands and there is a silver colored ring with the team logo on it.

The problem is they're expensive, just because they have a logo on them. I decided to just search for stackable CZ rings and get a black one and a yellow one. Easier said than done. The black is easy, but yellow has proved to be the tricky one. I finally found one and they had it labeled as a birthstone ring. One company had the black CZ ring as well as my birthstone so I decided to look for a new birthstone ring.

I'm a December baby and the December birthstone varies; however Turquoise and blue Topaz are the most common. I never seem to find any Turquoise jewelry that suits me, so stick with the Topaz.


In my search, I found a site that has a lot of Art Deco style filigree rings.
http://pages.antique-silver-gifts.com/stores/waybelowretail/ My taste in things go between very simple, modern to the exact opposite. It all depends on my mood.

Here are some of the rings I found today (click pic for links):
















Ok, this isn't my birthstone, but it's on my list of things to treat myself. I'm waiting for it to go on sale and as soon as it does, it's mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment